Friday 25 November 2011

Continuity Project Video


Here is our continuity project video. It took a long time to complete and a great deal of stress came (in particular when we discovered there were some missing shots) however we decided to simply focus on ensuring the action match is shown clearly (when Barry, credited as "P. employee is walking through a door at the begining), the shot/reverse shots are shown throughout the clip and the 180 degree rule is hopefully established. There are some continuity errors which I stated before in earlier blogs. The most notable could be me changing my position on the chair. This was caused because the original shot is missing so we decided to use a 'take' from another shot. Another continuiy error can be seen when Barry's hand reaches out to shake mine but then disappears in the next shot of me. Overall I think we have learned from this that comedy is incredibley hard to do. Steve Martin said "comedy may be big business but it isnt pretty" and I never understood that properly until now. The timing is very hard to do but like stated before we do have the 3 requirements established which should mean that we do not lose any marks. I have learned about continuity and I feel I also understand more about ensuring multiple shots are taken and there are many 'takes' for each shot. I also feel as though we have learnt that as a group we are better suited to shooting a more serious video than a comedic one which should effect our final video.

1 comment:

  1. The video does not work, but I've posted comments on Katie's blog

    ReplyDelete