Friday 6 January 2012

Props and Costumes

As a group we have decided that props and costumes are a vital part of our sequence and we have equally split our group into different sections and jobs to fulfil, the job I have been allocated is props and costumes, mainly this will consist of me ensuring I have a smart suit as well as each of the actors have clothes which are suited to their character. In terms of the clothes, there is a women character who will need to wear either very exotic clothing or clothing which adheres to exotic behaviour such as bright red. The 'prisoner' character should wear an outfit similar to something like a tracksuit, this adheres to the representation of social class with a 'chav' type figure being a 'prisoner' whilst the sophisticated  detective character wears a suit which contrasts with the 'prisoner' character's tracksuit and thus indicates the middle class ruling over the working class.

I will also need a small tape recorder which will be used in order to highlight that the 'prisoner' character is being interviewed by a detective figure. There may also be use of a police badge or at least something which highly resembles a police badge which would be used in order to highlight to the audience that the detective character is indeed a detective. I have not yet come across these two props in person, although I am ensured I should be able to get them from a family friend, I am willing to discuss and borrow some of these props from any friends if any feel like borrowing us any

No comments:

Post a Comment