Saturday 17 December 2011

Glass Shot experiment 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU1vqxsTV7c&feature=g-upl&context=G21b78cbAUAAAAAAAAAA

Here is a video I made using an app on my phone called iTimeLapse, this allows me to accomplish time lapse shots that would otherwise take all day, I think time lapse shots would be very useful in our project as they create a disorienting factor and also replicate a drunken feel, this is good as our character is supposed to be drunk at this point, this is just an experiment so obviously the background, glass etc will all change, this was mainly to see if I could use the app effectively, I understand the primary purpose of the app is to show how time passes quickly over one area however I feel it is very effective within a shot like this and could help us explain the characters feelings at this point without the use of dialogue as this will become a POV shot. I think it looks ok, after all the shot is supposed to be very quick and disorienting so excuse the fact that the clip is only 4 seconds long, overall it took me about 2 minutes to film this which when compressed only comes out as roughly 4 seconds, however this was literally just the first time I used to app so hopefully I will get better. This has also prompted me to think about whether it would be good to film a few sequences on my phone (just shots like this in which it would be hard to replicate using a proper video camera), I can upload the videos to YouTube (such as what I've done with this sequence) and then we can simply download the video from YouTube and save it as whatever file is necessary to use in our project.

By the way I am sorry for filming the shot in portrait, this is my fault but it can easily be changed to landscape next time.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting... how do you intend to use this? Impressed with your blog, by the way - very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not fully sure yet, it was just an experiment but I think if it were to be used then it could possibly be cross-cut with an interrogation scene whilst there is a voice over describing the situation. Still, not fully sure if it would work but this is what experimenting is all about I guess

    ReplyDelete